Ice Dam Prevention for Hudson County, NJ and Beyond
Atticare NJ offers essential ice dam prevention to homeowners, helping
you avoid problems such as gutter tears, loosened shingles, and water
leaks in your attic.
Ice Dam Formation
Ice dams are buildups of ice at the edge of roofs and inside gutters. They
form when heat from an attic melts snow on the roof. When the water reaches
the eaves, or the overhanging edges of roof, it freezes again and begins
to accumulate. This forms blockages, or dams, of ice and causes strain
to your roof.
Temporary Ice Dam Prevention
There are several temporary dam prevention methods in case of emergencies.
1. Point a box fan in the direction of the leak on your ceiling. This will
blow cool air and could cause the water to freeze in the crack, sealing the leak.
2. Pull off the snow and ice with an ice rake, instantly changing the exterior
temperature of the roof without damaging the shingles.
3. Apply heated cables to the roof in a zigzag pattern to equalize the
temperature. Be sure to apply these heated cables before bad weather hits.
4. Remove ice from the roof by using deicing chemicals and creating a channel
for water to flow down to the gutters.
We're Here to Help with Permanent Ice Dam Prevention
Permanent ice dam prevention is a simpler, more efficient way of keeping
your roof safe during winter. Proper
insulation and air sealing are ways to keep the temperature of your roof the same
as the temperature of the eaves. Air sealing the attic is the simplest
method, blocking the warm air in the living space from escaping into the
attic. This will keep the attic's temperature cooler, causing less
snow to melt. This process is simplified by our
Thermal Imaging Inspection. Finally, installing a radiant barrier, which is a commercial grade foil,
prevents heat from escaping your attic, leaving your roof unaffected by
the temperature inside.
Call today for a free inspection!
Older homes are increasingly susceptible to ice dams, but we are here to
help! We emphasize customer satisfaction, and our service team members
are professionally trained and certified to inspect and diagnose your
home. Ice dam prevention is just one of the perks of proper attic insulation,
and Atticare NJ has the tools and knowledge to help your home get through
- Licensed & Insured
- Fastest customer service response time
- Consistently rated high by customer reviews
- Guarantee the highest quality of work
- Best quality products and brands used
- All service team members are professionally trained and/or certified
- All insulation used is fire resistant